As a full time Personal Trainer I am passionate about training and nutrition. "Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things". Everyday, I strive to share and transfer this passion to my clients, my friends, and my family in order to help them live a healthy lifestyle. I refuse to be average: I am willing to risk going too far in order to find out how far I can go.

"The human body is capable of amazing physical deeds. If we could just free ourselves from our perceived limitations and tap into our internal fire, the possibilities are endless" - Dean Karnazes. This has inspired me to commit to the journey of ultramarathon races.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

The National Capital Marathon

The National Capital Marathon or Ottawa Race Weekend is one of Canada largest Marathon. Started in 1975 this event as grown over the years. It now attracts thousands of participants and over 38 000 runners in 2010.

This week was just AMAZING. There was hundreds and hundreds of runners along The Rideau Canal. I love seeing that. All kinds of different runners, running towards there personal goals. From 2k, 5k, 10k, 21k, to the Marathon (42k), there is a distance for everyone. Everyone that would be at the starting line this weekend are already WINNERS. Everyone as there own personal goals and that what makes this event so cool. Either your participating in the 5k or the Full Marathon or even the 2k race, WELL DONE! Go out there and enjoy yourself.

"It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit." - Unknown

Keep YOUR goal in mind. Give your best! At the end whatever the outcome is, be proud of yourself and enjoy the moment.

"In running, it doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say 'I have finished.' There is a lot of satisfaction in that." - Unknown

I'll be cheering on the 2k, 5k and 10k runners on Saturday evening. Then Sunday at 7am, 3 weeks after my 100 mile Race, i will be pacing my twin brother for is 1st Full Marathon. I am so PUMPED! Good luck to all runners, my clients, friends and family this weekend. Lets go out there and have a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment