As a full time Personal Trainer I am passionate about training and nutrition. "Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things". Everyday, I strive to share and transfer this passion to my clients, my friends, and my family in order to help them live a healthy lifestyle. I refuse to be average: I am willing to risk going too far in order to find out how far I can go.

"The human body is capable of amazing physical deeds. If we could just free ourselves from our perceived limitations and tap into our internal fire, the possibilities are endless" - Dean Karnazes. This has inspired me to commit to the journey of ultramarathon races.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Next Challenge - Canadian Death Race

Here we go again, 8 weeks till my next big race. The 30th of July i will be participating in The North Face Canadian Death Race that will take place in Grand Cache, Alberta, Canada. Since the start of the millennium, elites racer have come to the Canadian Rockies to cheat Death in one the world's toughest adventures races. The 125 km course begins and ends on a 4200 foot plateau, passes over three mountain summits and includes 17,000 feet of elevation change and a major river crossing at the spectacular Hell's Gate canyon at the confluence of the Smoky and Sulphur Rivers. During the August long weekend each year, extreme athletes, individually and in relays, push themselves to the limits of their endurance against the breathtaking background of the Canadian Rocky Mountains. Each year, well-trained and totally committed, they battle heat, cold, altitude and themselves. There are no big prizes for winning: finishing is hard enough. And the bragging rights are priceless!!!

After the 100 miler in Vermont i was fighting an injury for over 3 weeks that kept me away from training. I had a tendinitis in my foot. My tendon that attach to my 4 little toes was really damage and inflamed. I had to go for deep tissue massage and take a break from running for over 20 days.

I met with Ray Zahab my new coach this Monday morning. He will be fully training me and preparing me for the Death Race. Its awesome to have one the best Ultrarunner as your coach. A strict nutrition plan and intense training schedule as started this week. Here is a brief resume of my training schedule for Week 1 & 2:

Monday: YOGA
Tuesday: Speed Run (12k)
Wednesday: Tempo Run (15k)
Thursday: Hill Training (10k)
Friday: OFF
Sat: 40k Trail Run
Sun: 30k Trail Run

Can't wait to get back in the trails this weekend and to enjoy my day off of training tomorrow! YEAH!

1 comment:

  1. I'd be interested for you to post your training schedule each week, so I can steal it from you :)

    I know we're coming up on the race, but I'm not sure how I want to taper. I've got a 30 mi. Sat. and a 20 mi. Sun this weekend, but then my taper will begin.

    ReplyDelete