As a full time Personal Trainer I am passionate about training and nutrition. "Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things". Everyday, I strive to share and transfer this passion to my clients, my friends, and my family in order to help them live a healthy lifestyle. I refuse to be average: I am willing to risk going too far in order to find out how far I can go.

"The human body is capable of amazing physical deeds. If we could just free ourselves from our perceived limitations and tap into our internal fire, the possibilities are endless" - Dean Karnazes. This has inspired me to commit to the journey of ultramarathon races.

Monday, March 28, 2011

95K Weekend

I'm starting to feel like an Ultramarathon Runner. This weekend the mileage was up there but i felt like i could of went for a lot more. I felt so strong trough my runs on Saturday and Sunday and had a tough time to hold myself back to respect the running pace i've set myself to make sure that i don't over train.

Saturday: Wow -18 with the windchill OUTCH cause i knew i was going to be out there for a good 5-6hours. Dressed warm i attacked the Chelsea Roads at 1030am. I decided to take a route towards Wakefield. It was beautiful, along the Gatineau River i pass trough Cascade, Vorlage and finally pass that amazing little village Wakefield. I did 55k total, in 5h05min, with a 5m32sec/km average pace. I decided to push it a bit more in the last 15k. My 10k in between the 40-50k took me 52min and my last 5k i ran it in just a bit more then 22min.

Sunday: Again another cold one -16 but the sun was out again. Again i did my run in Chelsea. Since i can't get on trails right now for my long runs i try to found routes that as a lot of hills. Sunday i felt pretty good a bit stiff at the beginning but the energy was there. I did a total of 40k, in 3h30min, with a 5m17s/km average pace. I had a little bit of soreness in my shins after my run but nothing to severe. So i decided to celebrate my two runs and weekend with a threat at The Chelsea Pub with there famous burger and poutine and a awesome pint of Guiness with my friend Erin.  YUMMY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment