As a full time Personal Trainer I am passionate about training and nutrition. "Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things". Everyday, I strive to share and transfer this passion to my clients, my friends, and my family in order to help them live a healthy lifestyle. I refuse to be average: I am willing to risk going too far in order to find out how far I can go.

"The human body is capable of amazing physical deeds. If we could just free ourselves from our perceived limitations and tap into our internal fire, the possibilities are endless" - Dean Karnazes. This has inspired me to commit to the journey of ultramarathon races.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Training!

MONDAY: yesterday my hamstrings were killing me from all the mileage i did in Chelsea this weekend. I took time in the morning to do a 40min session of foam rolling and stretching. I also did 1h of Hot Yoga in the evening with Rebeca @ The Tony Greco School on Beech St. It felt awesome! I never run on monday's its my day to recover.
_______________________________________

TUESDAY: woke up today and magically my legs felt amazing and outside is just AMAZING!!! I did a 1h Heavy Strength Workout in the morning. Here was my strength training:

1- Dumbbell Chest Press: 75lbs DB
2- Barbell Front Deep Squat : 135lbs
3- One Arm Dumbbell Rows: 75lbs DB
4- Barbell Standing Shoulder Press: 100lbs

I did 8 reps of each exercises 30sec between each exercises with a 2min break at the end of the 4th exercise. I did that sequence 5x.

In the afternoon i had a 12k Tempo Run. I did 1k warm-up @ 445min/km then 10k Fast in 38:20min @ 3:50min/km pace and a 1k cooldown @ 445. I felt awesome and strong today. I really think all the stretching from yesterday help me so much for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment