As a full time Personal Trainer I am passionate about training and nutrition. "Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things". Everyday, I strive to share and transfer this passion to my clients, my friends, and my family in order to help them live a healthy lifestyle. I refuse to be average: I am willing to risk going too far in order to find out how far I can go.

"The human body is capable of amazing physical deeds. If we could just free ourselves from our perceived limitations and tap into our internal fire, the possibilities are endless" - Dean Karnazes. This has inspired me to commit to the journey of ultramarathon races.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

MY FIRST ULTRAMARATHON! 100 MILES

Only 8 weeks till my first Ultramathon race. The 7th of May @ 6am ill be running in The McNaughton Park Trail Race in Vermont. The race is a 10 mile loop with a 2400 vertical that i will repeat 10x. Total of 100mile with a 24 000 vertical in some tough dirt, forest and river trails. I'm getting pretty excited. The training is getting more and more intense. This week it went ok. I twist my ankle pretty bad on Wednesday so i had to cut my run short and skip my Thursday run. It didn't stop me this weekend tho. Saturday i ran a solid 45k and Sunday 40k both in the Hilly Chelsea roads @ a 530-540min/km pace. Ran a total of 85k this weekend. U know your training for something crazy when u ran 2 full Marathons in a weekend just for training lol This week the mileage keeps on going up. CANT WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment