As a full time Personal Trainer I am passionate about training and nutrition. "Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things". Everyday, I strive to share and transfer this passion to my clients, my friends, and my family in order to help them live a healthy lifestyle. I refuse to be average: I am willing to risk going too far in order to find out how far I can go.

"The human body is capable of amazing physical deeds. If we could just free ourselves from our perceived limitations and tap into our internal fire, the possibilities are endless" - Dean Karnazes. This has inspired me to commit to the journey of ultramarathon races.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Jim & The Nice Lady - To Inspire

“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.” Charles R. Swindoll

Today when i was doing my hills repeat i came across a men in is 50s. Doing the same hill we came across each other 4 to 5 times. By runners respect, we gave each other a "thumbs up" or a "keep going wave" every time we crossed each other. After a while he decided to stop me. He said to me he couldn't believe how fast and focus i looked every time he came across me. He told me "You really inspired me" trough my hills repeats. He asked me if i was training for the Boston Marathon coming this April. I replied, no i am currently training for a 100 miles Trail Race coming in May. He couldn't believe it. Jim was training for the upcoming Boston Marathon. We wished ourselves good luck and both kept going with our training.

I also met an Nice Lady in her high 60s today, in my apartment elevator. She said to me: "omg you are so in shape". I was just in Pj's and sandals lol. She's said, I see you run all the time when i take my walk. It seems so easy for you and you seem to enjoy it so much i can tell. I replied, I do enjoy it a lot, and it makes me feel good every time i run. So the nice lady left by telling me, I admire you and you inspired me. Just seeing you going out there rain or shine, you seemed to enjoy every step of your run. Now i walk every day and i love it. Thank You!

“You don't have to be a "person of influence" to be influential. In fact, the most influential people in my life are probably not even aware of the things they've taught me.” - Unknown

Everyday we live, we influence someone in a way. Sometime in a bad or a good way. Sometime we do know, but a lot of time we don't even know we did. Your attitude plays a big role. Its your decision each and every day if you want to influence peoples life around you in a positive or negative way. Its a choice and i believe that every one in the world have the potential to influence someone life in a positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment