As a full time Personal Trainer I am passionate about training and nutrition. "Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things". Everyday, I strive to share and transfer this passion to my clients, my friends, and my family in order to help them live a healthy lifestyle. I refuse to be average: I am willing to risk going too far in order to find out how far I can go.

"The human body is capable of amazing physical deeds. If we could just free ourselves from our perceived limitations and tap into our internal fire, the possibilities are endless" - Dean Karnazes. This has inspired me to commit to the journey of ultramarathon races.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekend Training 50k RUN

Saturday: i was at my parents this weekend so i decided to stay there and do my 50k run. Weather was just amazing, windy at some point but nothing to intense. I took mostly the back roads so it was all dirt and rocks roads. The overall course was fairly flat too. I did a big 50k loop. Starting at my parents in Clarence Creek pass into Bourget, Cheney, Bearbrook up towards Cumberland did not make it to the village just turn a bit before to come back to the starting point. Im starting to know body a bit more during those long runs. I decided to take it 10k at a time. Every 10k i walked for 500m to be able to eat and drink. Mentally and physically it was a lot easier i was always looking forward to that little break and to eat those delicious protein bars. It took me a bit less then 5 hours.

Sunday: i woke up with a bit a pain in my left hip today WEIRD! Anyways i decided to give it a try. I pick up my friend Erin, she is training for The Ottawa Marathon in May. So we decided to go to Old Chelsea for our run. I was suppose to run 35k today but due to my hip i had to cut it short to 25k. Its always fun to have a running partner for those long runs Erin did awesome it took us 2h15 it was a very enjoyable race. We decided to stop at The Chelsea Pub after our run for a nice cold pint of beer and there famous burger. It was well deserved after burning all those calories this weekend.

To be honest i am a bit disappointed that i could'nt finish my entire run on Sunday. But overall i had a very strong week. I have not felt that good in months. I still have my hip bugging me today. I'm going to Rama Lotus Yoga this evening for a 90min Yin class. This should do the trick to loosen up my hips, lower back, legs and shoulders and get ready for another INTENSE week of training.   

No comments:

Post a Comment